Call for Papers
IberSPEECH’2022 will be held in Granada, from 14 to 16 November 2022. The IberSPEECH event –the sixth of its kind using this name– brings together the XII Jornadas en Tecnologías del Habla and the VIII Iberian SLTech Workshop events.
Following with the tradition of previous editions, IberSPEECH’2022 will be a three-day event, planned to promote interaction and discussion. There will be a wide variety of activities: technical papers presentations, keynote lectures, presentation of projects, laboratories activities, recent PhD thesis, entrepreneurship & discussion panels, and awards to the best thesis and papers.
Submission opens: June 17th, 2022
Submission abstract deadline: July 8th, 2022
Submission full paper deadline: July 15th, 2022
Paper notifications sent: September 16th, 2022
Camera-ready paper due: September 25th, 2022
Special Sessions (Projects, Demos, PhD Theses & Entrepreneurship)
Proposals: October 7th, 2022
Full-Paper: October 14th, 2022
Albayzin Evaluations 2022
Registration deadline: September 4th, 2022.
Release of the evaluation data: September 5th, 2022.
Submission deadline (including system summary): October 16th, 2022.
Results distribution to the participants: October 24th, 2022.
Paper submission deadline: October 30th, 2022.
Iberspeech 2022 Albayzin Evaluations special session in Granada: November 15th, 2022.
Registration opens: September 16th, 2022
Early Registration ends: October 18th, 2022
Conference Starts: Monday, November 14th, 2022
Conference Ends: Wednesday, November 16th, 2022
At least one author of each accepted paper must complete a full early registration for the conference.
The topics of interest regarding processing Iberian languages include, but are not limited to:
1. Speech technology and applications
1. Spoken language generation and synthesis
2. Speech and speaker recognition
3. Speaker diarization
4. Speech enhancement
5. Speech processing and acoustic event detection
6. Spoken language understanding
7. Spoken language interfaces and dialogue systems
8. Systems for information retrieval and information extraction from speech
9. Systems for speech translation
10. Applications for aged and handicapped persons
11. Applications for learning and education
12. Emotions recognition and synthesis
13. Language and dialect identification
14. Applications for learning and education
15. Speech technology and applications: other topics
2. Human speech production, perception, and communication
1. Linguistic, mathematical, and psychological models of language
2. Phonetics, phonology, and morphology
3. Pragmatics, discourse, semantics, syntax, and lexicon
4. Paralinguistic and nonlinguistic cues (e.g. emotion and expression)
5. Human speech production, perception, and communication: other topics
3. Natural language processing (NLP) and applications
1. Natural language generation and understanding
2. Retrieval and categorization of natural language documents
3. Summarization mono and multi-document
4. Extraction and annotation of entities, relations, and properties
5. Creation and processing of ontologies and vocabularies
6. Machine learning for natural language processing
7. Shallow and deep semantic analysis: textual entailment, anaphora resolution, paraphrasing
8. Multi-lingual processing for information retrieval and extraction
9. Natural language processing for information retrieval and extraction
10. Natural language processing (NLP) and applications: other topics
4. Speech, Language and Multimodality
1. Multimodal Interaction
2. Sign Language
3. Handwriting recognition
4. Speech, Language and Multimodality: other topics
5. Resources, standardization, and evaluation
1. Spoken language resources, annotation, and tools
2. Spoken language evaluation and standardization
3. NLP resources, annotation, tools
4. NLP evaluation and standarization
5. Multimodal resources, annotation and tools
6. Multimodal evaluation and standardization
7. Resources, standardization, and evaluation: other topics
Regular Papers must be written in English and submission will be online. Papers must be submitted in PDF following the Interspeech 2022 format. Paper length is 4 pages and one additional page for references. There is no minimum length requirement for papers of the special sessions project review and demos.
Upon acceptance, at least one author will be required to register (full & early) and present the paper at the conference.